I even changed the registry to reflect the date it was created as we did not know it had been modified. I even tried to deactivate the program one more time, and then reactivated it. I will try again in a couple of days, but even with the latest revision, and by doing what you suggested, I have been unable to correct the problem.
It appears the program just keeps loading after the first attempt to start, regardless of what input I give it. Has anybody else encountered a problem with this program?
I have attached a screen capture of what the program looks like after it finally starts.
I do have the Nvidea 3.x driver installed and use that to run all 3d games. I also have Comodo anti-virus and Spybot Search and Destroy installed, as well as Ad-Aware and SpywareAdvisor. I haven’t run any of those for some time, but I know they’re installed.
I have no problems with 2D-3D games, or any other windows applications, but this is the only 3D-specific application that will not run. Even an empty project will not run without error.
Note: after finally starting up the application, it freezes forever after showing the screen capture you attached.
Thanks in advance.
Alright, after a week and a half of hunting, I finally discovered what the problem was.
The problem was with the.DLL file. I am not a software developer, but I have been a user of software for many years. When I copied over my folders from C:\Program Files\Addition Pro to C:\Program Files\Lumen Research, I thought I would make a backup. I needed to clear and reinstall the program with a fresh installation, as there were some files that were lost during the move. It turns out I was wrong.
When I ran the uninstallation, the uninstaller recognized that it was the Addition Pro folder that it was removing, and did not remove the other folder.
As it has always done in the past, Windows ignored the fact that I had in fact moved the folders, and began to search for new copies of the files. When it found them, it was using the older version of the files instead of the newer version it had installed, and that was why the program would not run.
It took me an hour to finally figure out what I had done wrong, but once I realized it, it was